I plan to vote today.
I will vote:
- for all the people who are either too feeble of body or too troubled in mind to let their voice be heard today;
- for the spirit and demeanor of all who cast ballots;
- for every person who supervises today’s elections;
- for all who are elected … and those who are not;
- for all people alive today who will soon find their lives significantly affected by the views of those elected;
- for those who live to rightfully regret the choices they made today, as well as for those who will rejoice;
- for all in future generations who will have to live with the consequences of the choices we make for them today;
- and in it all for God, that in all my doings today I might be used by him to usher in his kingdom a wee bit more.
For all of these, I will cast my lot today.
By means of prayer.
Do vote with me, won’t you?