Today is Election Day in the United States.
This is a day, like any day and every day, that I seek to declare to myself, and to all, that:
* Jesus is Lord, not the President of the United States.
* And the Spirit who is Holy does what he will; it is our humble task to discern and do his will.
It is a day we Christians say to all, whether we vote or abstain from voting, that:
* We love God and love people with the love of God, in that order and so, work with God toward the blessing of all the people of the world, regardless of nationality.
* We are all about helping usher in the kingdom and rule of God, not selfishly attempting to promote and establish our own way or comfort.
* We refuse to reinforce the walls erected in this world between people – the walls of discord, denigration, distance, and destruction; rather, we work to tear those walls down by the way we treat each other – especially those with whom we sense we have experienced, or have given, discord, denigration, distance, and destruction.
May God help us all:
* To be people truly humble and respectful of God and others; thinking of, and actively putting, others first before ourselves.
* To use our tongue and actions wisely, knowing that by our own words and deeds, we will be judged.
* To aim at nothing less than being humanity as God intended, right here, right now, by the grace of God; not segregated by our color or the color we vote.